418 - Shop Talk with Sean Mort
The People's Champ is at the end of his week long vacation with Mark in California and the international bromance of the century reflects across their friendship and what has come to mean so much to the both of them. Adventures In Design has brought so many people together and as these boys reflect back they look at their current states of success other peers from the AID Universe as well. Balancing careers with satisfaction and finding the freedom in your talents varies for everyone and by comparing these variable pieces of the equation Mark and Sean illuminate the vast array of paths anyone can take to follow their passion and make a living from it. Its only from a friendship like this that you'll find such a healthy does of honesty that comes from a place of pure support and admiration. Also, antics ensue.
- Tallying up the amount of time Mark and Sean have spent together.
- Following your passion to win at life.
- Life in the Design Traveling Circus.
- Youth and the summers of "What Are We Going To Do?"
- Dickhead Directors Commentary all day and staying out as late as you can each night.
- Would a privileged life change your life's course creatively?
- The land built with a bucket of Yellow and Sean's lack of imagination.
- Finding your way through the hardships thrown at you.
- The kinship of AID and laying off poor Sean and his design style.
- Mark's Two Rules about Women.
- The balancing act in your career choices and the wear and tear of taking the bait.
- Comparing the careers of James Flames and DKNG>
- Comparing the careers of Jason Edmiston and Sean Mort.
- Energy. Return. Passion. Expectations.
- Working smarter and celebrating the magic in Sean Mort's achievable career.
- The continual woes of client work and the increasing complications coupled with success.
- Making departments and nesting your talents.
- Investing the constant and not the fleeting.
- Planning three steps ahead to avoid the monkey see monkey do mentality of the design world.
- Innovation and the AIGA.
- Why you should challenge the industry and finding what makes you different than everybody else.