332 - The Poster Countdown with Mitch Putnam and Eric Garza “January 2016”
Episode 332 - The Poster Countdown with Mitch Putnam and Eric Garza “January 2016”
On the 2nd Wednesday of every month we get together with Mitch Putnam of OMGposters.com and special guests to showcase the top 10 posters of the month as picked by your host Mark Brickey.
Today’s special guest is the Director of Creative Production for Mondo Eric Garza. Hear Mark, Mitch and Eric countdown the top 10 posters from January of 2016 as picked by Mark Brickey. Our panel tries to crack the code on what makes these prints better than the others. These episodes act as a great way to find out about the best prints in the art scene, while hopefully understanding how we can all get better by studying the success of this work.
In The Circle of Trust (Bonus Content)
- We study the master of composition Tom Whalen and Mitch shares insight on how hard it is for many illustrators to create strong work for animated titles.
- How studying art, illustration and design can sometimes be just as important as practicing.
- The iPad Pro, are the pros starting to actually use them?
- Eric Garza explains he career as Director of Creative Production for Mondo.
- Time For A Promotion! Our generation is the one taking over the world of media and business.
- How will the collectable poster survive digital film distribution.
- Studios sometimes see collectable posters as marketing campaigns not as merchandise.
- Gossip from the art scene AKA taking shit about our best friends.