500 - Tube 06: Delicious Design League
Adventures In Design reaches a momentous milestone by reaching its 500th Episode going out on these here downloadable airwaves. It is only fitting that Mark and the Godfather of the Podcast itself, Billy Baumann of Delicious Design League, get together to talk about the past, present, and future. From listening back to some early AID content, a visit from an old colleague, to some heartfelt advice between friends... this episode perfectly encapsulates what makes Adventures In Design so special. A very sincere thank you to everyone who has ever listened to a single minute of the show, shared some of your thoughts with us, or joined The Circle Of Trust because you believed in the show as much as we did. Here's to another 500 (which we will hit in 2019)!
- Mark and Billy give some Director's Commentary on the first AID ever.
- Billy officially admits that the podcast is important to him.
- A clip from another early show about STD's, getting picked on, and the unimaginable wealth from a career in podcasting.
- Hey! That's Cool with James Flames.
- Diversify or die.
- Gaining a new perspective on your business from other people's struggles.
- DDL unpacks the 6th Tube Of Christmas.
- Billy open up about what's been going on with him and why he is justifiably depressed lately.
- The shift form being single to being counted on.
- A difficult diagnosis to stomach.
- Escapism in it's many forms.
- Getting vulnerable with the AID Family.
- Billy moves up and out of third place.
- Hey! That's Not Cool with Billy.
- Fitting Fantasyland into one print and how Mark collected source material from the park.
- Getting to good enough.
- The problem with passion projects.
- The designers at Delicious plant their side hustle flags to backfill dead time.
- Tearing down the walls to connect the dots on something bigger.
- The reluctance of pushing yourself into a new skill.
- Grappling with a self aware laziness.
- A peek behind The Mission Of Trust and where it's going.
- Turning tune out time into productive time.
- Relighting the spark in your life.
- The struggle to support your family.
- 500 Episodes later and Mark still never knows what Billy is going to say.