508 - Dylan Garrett Smith II
Dylan Garrett Smith returns to Adventures In Design and this time not as a creep, but as a friend. The young, uprising talent joins Mark to talk all things dark, mysterious, and creative. Dylan has a true creative spirit that revels in the art of creation and playing god on his own terms and you can find that in his work and determinate mind. What is his process for taking his work digital and working towards the light? What is Dylan planning as he takes The Mission Of Trust himself? Who is The Jersey Devil? Theres a whole lot of dark meat chicken nuggets in this episode so get ready to jot it all down in the smallest pocket notebook you can find.
- Hate Mail from a concerned listener and stoking the fires of an international rivalry.
- Boot chains and tire chains.
- Going digital and working on white before it goes black.
- Giving yourself room to bob and weave.
- Making a map to help with the inking process.
- How much eyepatch related culture does Dylan have to know?
- The Daniel Danger Upside Scanning Technique returns!
- Are you just making other people's ideas or making your own?
- A new and pertinent sponsor arrives to the AID airwaves.
- Who is Zeke?
- Posing your Mom as a murder model.
- Revisiting the themes in A Charlie Brown Christmas as an adult.
- The Folklore of The Jersey Devil and his better aesthetic.
- Contemplating the better party in a potential afterlife.
- Crystal Lee Lucas and her shadow love.
- Seeing the same house through a whole new lens (literally and metaphorically).
- Standing up for 2016 and not being a victim.
- Action over acquiescence.
- The weakest people you know and how to rise above the bullshit.
- Standing up against racism.
- What is your project telling you and are you confident enough to follow it there?
- Putting yourself into the calendar.
- Being mentally ready to take on an art career and the financial realities after college.
- Time, Money, and Balance.
- The Fragrance House from Hell and how The Mission Of Trust is challenging Dylan to push himself into whole new worlds.
- The smallest notebook you can carry around and the thoughts inside it.