433 - Shop Talk with Sean Mort
The People's Champ and your favorite Podcaster cross mics on the eve of some much needed vacationing to talk some shop. But (said with a hard english accent) trouble is brewing just outside Sean and Mark's respective doors with political turmoil haunting them more than the latest Ghostbuster's film whose review could potentially split apart this International Bromance. Behind the paid wall Sean and Mark look at the state of merchandise in the world of music and the financial role of the artist and if thats a sustainable amount of money. Theres a little bit of everything in this episode because nobody likes to start the week talking about work more than a hit single from Rihanna. Antics ensue.
- A Tale of Two Trips.
- Adding some positivity into Rogue One's life.
- Can Tan favors take you to Star Wars?
- The Ghostbusters review that could end AID.
- Staying true to your self when your big break comes.
- The pain of striking out as a creative... and trust us, you will strike out.
- Finding female empowerment in films.
- Who cares about kids. The future is here now!
- The importance of picking one name for your product.
- The unpredictability of life and holding onto whats worth sticking around for.
- Internal American problems and our surplus.
- Billionaire relatability issues.
- The importance of this election and the art of the apology.
- Having a fast and loose POTUS on the button.
- SPOILER ALERT: Sean spoils the shit out of Stranger Things at 52:30.
- The through line of John-Ralphio and Buffalo Bill.
- Humanoids: Deliberately done or creatively lazy.
- Phones Off and bad moms at Bad Moms.
- The problem with people who are assholes.
- Fleeting pop culture moments and finding what sticks around.
- Middle men making merchandise.
- Who can do the most for the least amount of money and the decline of the gig poster.
- Outgrowing the financial ceiling of band merchandise.
- Spotting Steely in the wild.