165 - Mike King “Crash America”
Mike King has been making posters for over 35 years and working for himself for over 25. This summer he’s retiring from posters and entrepreneurship… AND taking a job. Leaving his roots in Portland and setting up a new life in NYC.
Talking Points You’ll Hear On Episode 150
- The many degrees of failure.
- Shrinking music design budgets, where’s has that zero gone?
- When the American dream feels like American bullshit.
- What makes the seasoned professional more appealing than talented kids straight from art school.
In The Circle of Trust (Paid Subscriber Content)
- We speculate on the future of Mike King’s career and talk about what he’s most looking forward to and what he’ll never miss doing again. Why in the end your philosophy on design is your strongest attribute. Being in love with design, regardless how many times it’s breaks your heart.