The Best Of The Circle Of Trust Year Two: The Print Mafia Intervention
The Best Of The Circle Of Trust Year Two: 18/20
Can you? Should you? Do you ever plan on how things end when they're just beginning. Mark brings you a brand new twenty minute intro on the ground shaking Print Mafia Intervention and some of the surrounding situation about the whole moment that was captures in AID 439. Shit. Gets. Heavy.
What happens when you bank everything on a dream? Sometimes it works out, sometimes you fall on hard times. Jim from Print Mafia has fallen on said hard times and it’s brought the business to an impasse. In one of the most honest, raw and powerful episodes of AID, Mark “Broprah” Brickey attempts to navigate their situation. This interview is so real, nothing is perfect and even the best in the business sometimes need help figuring things out. This episode brings out the importance of laying out a strong foundation for yourself.
- When art direction and the client’s personal taste becomes too much of a burden on your creativity.
- The consequence of a professional “meh.”
- Frustrations with client communication putting a strain on your working relationships.
- What to do in a do-or-die financial situation.
- When an artist’s “shimmer” turns to “rust.”
- Being optimistic to a fault.
- Going back to the day job near the end of the poster boom.
- Deciding to leave the day job and go full time, but at what cost?
- Allowing yourself to have a dream over a weekend at Uncle Dream’s cottage.
- Establishing and maintaining a financial baseline.
- Taking a chance in order to feel like you’re giving 100%.
- Coming to terms with feeling like your time in the sun has passed.
- Branching out from your old work in order to play to your strengths and regain your passion.
- When Rome is burning, you can’t figure out what you really want to do.
- Using a financial baseline to do what you want to be doing instead of what you have to do to survive.
- Stopping spinning your wheels to get money in the bank.
- Learning to stop thrashing in the water to let the lifeguard bring you back to shore.
- Creating a healthier business partnership.
- Negotiating with a troublesome client or to just say no.
- Determining what makes you different from everyone else.
- How kids can impact your self-driven business.
- When balancing two jobs can actually improve productivity of one.