150 - Dan Kuhlken of DKNG “Pack It Up, Pack It In, Let Me Begin”
Episode 1 of SXSW coverage covers travel, booth and promotion tips for the upcoming festival. All this advice covers more than the upcoming week but acts as a good checklist for those making their way out to Austin, Texas for SXSW 2015.
Talking Points You’ll Hear On Episode 150
- Tips on taking your merchandise on the airplane and getting “free” shipping.
- The benefits of getting the double booth, a can’t lose upgrade in life.
- MOST IMPORTANT - Making a map of your booth before you leave.
- We share our Flatstock first time booth setups and the mistakes we made as rookies.
- Never make the table bridge.
- Pricing advice and theories.
- Having good stories and talking points about your work to share with your customers.
- Good promotional items to have and best distribution of your promo items.
- Pacing your checkout time to go slow enough or fast enough to judge the crowd.
- Self confidence in retail.
- Using your customers to promote your booth.
In The Circle of Trust (Paid Subscriber Content)
- The case study of pairing Jakprints with Fatstock 48 artists and promotion for AID.
- Making great relationships and strengthening your network.
- Dan shares his opinions on opening up the SXSW Flatstocks to non music posters.