145 - Mike Davis and Wes Winship from Burlesque of North America - “Mini Mart of Awesome”
Mike Davis & Wes Winship are both designers, illustrators and printmakers. The co-own Burlesque of North America a influential design studio / printshop located in sunny Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Talking Points You’ll Hear On Episode 145
- The various famous looks of Burlesque of North America.
- Timing is a major part of a career that’s out of your control.
- A long working relationship with The Arcade Fire.
- The early days of working with Aaron Horkey and getting that illustration style ready for press.
- How digital printing has ruined many artists concept of color separation and traditional printing prepress.
- Being jealous of your employees job and printing for others.
- Mike Davis experience in being a popular designer for Kidrobot.
- Wes Winship can dance.
- Shampoop and being a DJ.
In The Circle of Trust (Paid Subscriber Content)
- Learning the publishing for other artists process.
- The success and history of publishing Aaron Horkey.
- How to recover from parting ways with your studios biggest star.
- With so many different signature looks, how to manage clients expectations.
- Talking streamline stylized design with Mike Davis.
- How two guys with such different styles enjoy working together.